The modern knot is an updated version of the classic chignon. Here's how to get the look.
You Will Need:
* Clean hair
* A brush
* An elastic band
* Bobby pins
* A paddle brush with boar bristles (optional)
Step 1: Start out clean
Begin with clean hair. A traditional knot stays in place better with day-old hair. But for this messy, modern look, freshly shampooed strands work better.
Step 2: Brush your hair
Brush your hair toward the back of your head.
*Tip: Using a brush with boar bristles will add shine and reduce frizz.
Step 3: Make a ponytail
Make a ponytail with an elastic band, divide it into two sections, and tug the hair to tighten it.
Step 4: Do the twist
Twist the two sections around each other and keep twisting until you reach the bottom of the tail.
Step 5: Coil it
Now take the twisted ponytail and coil it around the elastic band.
Step 6: Secure it with bobby pins
Secure the knot with bobby pins. Don't worry if there are loose pieces: A casual vibe is the point of a modern knot.
A Yale University study found that women with hair pulled back are perceived as more intelligent.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades