Dandruff -- the embarrassing white flakes that end up like snowfall on your shoulders and clothing. There are plenty of dandruff shampoos on the market to choose from, unfortunately, they are all very expensive. If you have ever wondered what ingredients make them so expensive, the simple answer is there are no expensive ingredients that make them so effective. So, the next question might be, why are they so expensive? And the answer to that is dandruff shampoo companies know they can charge high prices because people want to be rid of the embarrassing white flakes. People will pay big bucks for "cures". Well, you no longer have to pay big bucks for a cure; you can make your own dandruff shampoo for a fraction of the cost.
Step 1 Get any kind of shampoo
Measure out 1 ounce of your favorite shampoo. The shampoo need not be expensive, just your regular favorite brand of shampoo.
Step 2 Crush some aspirin
Crush two non-coated aspirin tablets. Use a mortar and pestle or place the aspirin in a small bag and crush them with the back of a spoon. Crush the aspirin until they are a fine powder.
- The coating on coated aspirin will not break down and you will end up washing your hair with little pieces of coating.
- Use the least expensive brand of aspirin that you can find. There is no aspirin that is more effective than another.
Step 3 Mix shampoo and aspirin
Mix the aspirin into the 1 ounce of shampoo.
- Do not use this if you are allergic to aspirin.
Step 4 Try it out
Wet your hair thoroughly with plain water for a minute or two until your hair is completely saturated. Wash your hair with shampoo and aspirin mixture. Work it into your scalp for two to three minutes and rinse the shampoo out.
If you read expensive dandruff shampoo ingredients, the active ingredient is salicylic acid, which is the chemical name for aspirin.
- You can still use conditioner with this remedy along with your normal styling products.
- Use your new dandruff shampoo recipe every time you wash your hair.
- Avoid allowing the soapy water from entering your eyes. If you get shampoo in your eyes, rinse very well with plain water.
- Discontinue use if notice scalp irritation.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.