Get out of your everyday ponytail rut and try something new. Here our hair expert shows you how to do a sleek, chic ponytail that is perfect for a night out.
Step 1 Texture
Use hairspray to ass some texture to your hair so it is easier to work with.
Example: Fekkai Sheer Hold Hair Spray
Step 2 Pin curls
Put some pin curls in to create even more texture in your hair.
Step 3 Unpin curls
Unpin the curls and brush.
Step 4 Ponytail
Pull the lower sections of your hair into a ponytail with a flat brush and secure with a bungee or tie.
Example: Fekkai Classic Brush
Step 5 Smooth
Smooth hair back with your fingers and a little hairspray to control flyaways and give it some extra shine and sleekness.
Step 6 Tease
Gently tease the top sections of your hair for a small lift.
Step 7 Secure
Secure the teased top section over the ponytail with pins that match your hair color.
Step 8 Volume
Use a tail comb (or chopsticks) to gently pull up the hair on your crown for added volume.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades