This is no schoolmarm style. You'll instantly look chic with a messy bun.
You Will Need:
* Hair that hasn't been washed for 24 hours
* A brush
* Bobby pins in the color of your hair
* Hair spray
* Dry shampoo or hair mousse (optional)
* An elastic band (optional)
Step 1: Start with day-old hair
A messy bun tends to come undone if your hair is freshly washed, so try this trick on a no-shampoo day.
*Tip: Spraying hair with a dry shampoo, or adding some mousse and then blow-drying it, will give your hair the manageability of unwashed locks.
Step 2: Brush your hair back
Brush your hair to the back of your head and gather it into a ponytail in your hands.
Step 3: Twist the hair
Twist the ponytail around its own center, forming a loose bun.
Step 4: Anchor the bun
Anchor the bun with bobby pins in the same color as your hair, letting a few stray pieces slip out.
*Tip: For a really easy bun, gather hair into a ponytail, wrap an elastic band around it, twist the band, and then pull the tail partially through the second loop. Fan the ends out.
Step 5: Spray it
Spritz the bun with hair spray.
Step 6: Create wisps
Gently pull a few face-framing pieces out of the bun.
Fact: Princess Leia's famous hair buns in the movie Star Wars were influenced by hairstyles of the Hopi Indians.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades