Flat irons are easy to use once you learn how to use them. In this video, we show you four simple steps to achieve straight, smooth and shiny hair.
Step 1 Wash
Apply a heat protectant before you blow dry. Heat protectant comes in cream, spray or gel form. use a round brush or paddle brush to smooth out any waves or kinks at the crown of your head.
Step 2 Section
Section your hair and clip the top layers to the top of your head. Be sure hair is smoothed out to make flat-ironing easier.
Step 3 Iron
Use an iron with one- or two-inch plates. Set the temperature, 350 degrees is good. Iron one-inch sections at a time, keeping the iron moving at all times. Pull the iron down slowly. continue to work through all the sections.
Step 4 Shine
Apply a shine product to make hair shiny and smooth out the cuticle. Use a pea-sized amount, rub in palms and distribute evenly throughout hair.
Example: Frederick Fekkai's Glossing Cream
- If you make a mistake, wait until your hair cools down and re-iron that section.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades