Getting a Rapunzel-like mane takes time, but you can speed things up with these valuable tips.
You Will Need
* A boar-bristle brush
* Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
* Leave-in conditioner
* A deep conditioning treatment with protein
* A multivitamin
* A silica supplement
* A charcoal shower filter (optional)
* A satin pillowcase (optional)
Step 1: Brush your hair
Use a boar-bristle brush to brush your hair with your head upside down. Brushing hair this way brings the hair's natural oils to dry ends and promotes circulation to the scalp, which helps hair grow.
Step 2: Use moisturizing products
Use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Spritz a leave-in conditioner on ends daily. Once a month, apply a deep-conditioning treatment with protein, and don't wash you hair every day.
Step 3: Massage scalp
Massage your scalp with your fingertips while washing your hair. Start at the nape of the neck and work around the hairline. Massaging helps nutrients penetrate your follicles faster.
Use a charcoal filter on your showerhead. High mineral content in hard water can damage delicate hair.
Step 4: Don't use heated appliances
Don't use heated appliances on your hair, including blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons. Long hair should be air-dried or dried under a professional dryer at no more than 108 degrees.
Sleep on a satin pillowcase to prevent hair from breaking and tangling at night.
Step 5: Take a vitamin
Take a daily multivitamin that contains antioxidants and B vitamins, including biotin. Vitamins help strengthen hair. Silica supplements are known to encourage hair growth.
Step 6: Avoid hair color
Avoid coloring your hair. If you must, treat only the new growth or color less often.
Step 7: Don't cut it
Don't cut your hair or get frequent trims. Contrary to popular belief, constant trimming will only make hair shorter. Get one trim to clean up split ends prior to growing it out; then let it grow.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades