Shampoo and condition your hair. Use a lightweight conditioner that won't weigh it down; try a volumizing formula. Blow dry the roots of your hair with your head upside down, using the cool-shot button every few minutes to lock in some volume. Stop when your hair is damp, but not yet fully dry. Spray some salt spray (also called sea spray, surf spray or beach spray) into your palms. Run your palms over your hair, starting at the ends. Try not to get any directly on your roots. Divide your hair into 7 to 8 sections (more if your hair is very thick). Starting at the top of your head, twist each section into a loose bun and secure the ends with a bobby pin. Repeat with the remaining sections of hair. Allow your hair to finish drying while twisted up in the buns for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out the bobby pins and finger-comb the waves into place, scrunching from the ends up. Use a curling iron to fix pieces that didn't take shape well or give the front sections a more defined wave. To get a relaxed wave rather than a tight curl, don't open the clip on the curling iron. Just twist a piece of hair and manually wrap it around the barrel, holding the ends in place.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades