Make greasy, limp locks come to life with everyday ingredients.
You Will Need
* Witch hazel
* Cotton pads
* Mild shampoo
* 1/2 tsp. aloe vera gel
* 1 tbsp. lemon juice
* 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
* Distilled water
* A blow dryer
* Baby powder
* 1 shot vodka (optional)
Step 1: Pre-shampoo astringent
Apply an astringent before you shampoo. Mix equal parts witch hazel and mouthwash and apply to the scalp with cotton pads.
Step 2: Make degreasing shampoo
Make your own degreasing shampoo by mixing mild shampoo with aloe vera gel and lemon juice. Lather and leave shampoo on for five minutes.
Use transparent shampoo. It has fewer ingredients that weigh down oily hair.
Step 3: Rinse
Use an apple cider rinse after you shampoo. Mix apple cider vinegar with a quart of distilled water. This gets rid of residue.
You can also mix a shot of vodka with one quart water for a degreasing rinse.
Step 4: Dry hair
Blow-dry your hair in the opposite direction of growth to give oily hair much needed body.
Step 5: Freshen with baby powder
Sprinkle baby powder onto your scalp between washes. Wait five minutes and comb through.
Fact: "Hopelessly Devoted to You," from the film Grease, won an Academy Award in 1979 for Best Song.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades