A dowager bun may not sound familiar to you, but you've probably seen more than a handful at fancy holiday parties and soirees. Dowagers are the widows of deceased landholder husbands. But while this is the grim origin of dowagers and "uptight" and high dowager buns, today the dowager bun is more an elegant statement than anything else.
Check out this video to learn how to create this high bun for the holidays.
Having a high clean bun can finish any look.
Cortex 4-in-1 Curling iron
Elastic from Goody
Comb from Wal-Mart
Bow: Made from ribbons at Hobby Lobby
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades